Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:17:08 -0500
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Wayne T. Smith wrote:

>Are there LSoft comments/documents concerning moving to a new (Linux to
>Linux, sendmail) machine? Others care to comment?
>
>I have a LISTSERV on Linux installation with a couple of hundred lists
>that I'd like to move to a new machine. When in production, the new
>machine will have the same name as the old production system.  I'd like
>the move to be invisible to list owners and subscribers.  Any words of
>wisdom on how to do it?
>
>I also need to upgrade from 1.8e (2002a) to the current version 14.3, but
>expect that will have to be a separate step, probably after the hardware
>move.  Comments?

What exactly is your situation? I did a migration from Listserv 1.8d on a
Tru64 Unix server to Listserv 14.3 on a Red Hat Linux server last month.
That migration involved moving approx. 1,400 lists. When that migration
was complete, I did a rolling migration of a Listserv 1.8e Windows 2000
server to our new Listserv 14.3 server. The Listserv 1.8e migration
involved about 200 lists.

I will offer more details, but it might help to know the specifics of your
situation first, such as what types of servers you are migrating from/to
and what email transport agent you're using and if that part of the
equation is going to change.