Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 22:48:36 -0600
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 22:50:03 -0400, MIke Ober <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have a new list request but it needs to have an incoming  address
>that is different from the default name our listserv is running on.
>I added an entry  under MyDomain  but when  the post is incoming it is
>rejected  with:    550 Recipient not local.
>
>Am I missing something or is this not possible

It is possible.  What OS?  If Windows, you need to stop/restart both LISTSERV
and the separate LISTSERV SMTP-Listener service after making such a change.
For Linux, you may need to make changes to your sendmail/postfix/??? mailer
configuration so they recognize the new domains.  And don't forget changes to
DNS to be sure the new domain points to the LISTSERV server.  If you have any
3rd party mail filtering applications in place they also probably need some
adjustment.  Finally, the first-listed value in MYDOMAIN= needs to be the same
as NODE=, add additional FQDNs after that.