Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 01:09:18 EST
 The LISTSERV side of setting up a LISTSERV<-->NetNews connection is
 quite simple.  In fact, one list I ran showed up on NetNews without
 my even knowing that such a link was being setup. :)  Once you've
 found a site that is willing to gateway the mailing list, they will
 tell you what e-mail address to use to submit the postings.  You
 then just add that address, submit a "set XXX-L full for user@node"
 and you're all set.  I'm assuming that the NetNews site has also
 command to ensure that all the necessary headers are passed along,
 and you're all set.  I'm assuming that the NewNets gateway software
 has been setup already.

 Ah, there is one more thing you might need to change...  If the
 default newsgroup name (which is bit.listserv.XXX-L, where XXX-L
 is the mailing list name) isn't what you want, you have to add a

     * Newgroup=aa.bb.ccc.ccc.ccc

 line to the list header, where "aa.bb.ccc.ccc.ccc" is the name of
 the associated newsgroup.

 -jj