Dave Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:57:57 +0000
> Eric Vogel wrote:
>
>     I don't know if this is appropriate for this list or not. But this user
> is horassing users, and my, racial and sexist. I unsubscribed him, he came
> back. He made it clear he has millions of e-mail address (free e-mail, pretty
> plentiful).

As well as banning him, set LISTSERV to retain as many headers as possible when
distributing posts (I think the default is sufficient). Most of the free email
services have the originator's IP address in the headers somewhere; from that
you should be able to report him directly to his connecting ISP.

Feel free to mail me off-list for more info.

Regards,
Dave

--
------------------------------- [log in to unmask]    Dave Wilson, HEA-NOC
HEAnet Ltd, Marine House, Clanwilliam Court, Dublin 2    ph.  +353-1-662-3412