Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 25 May 89 21:21:07 GMT
>I had a requirement for what might be called a "semi-private" list.  For list
>members the list acts as if it were private; for non-members it acts as if it
>were edited.
>
>Since I couldn't figure out any way to do this as it stands, I went ahead with
>a local change to LSVXMAIL to do what I wanted.
>
>(1) Did I miss something.  Is there a way to define a list to be effectively
>    SEND= Private | Editor
>
>(2) Is this something reasonable to add?
>

>Regards,
>JSFisher

With release 1.6a, you will be able to code:

* Send= Editor         Editor= userid@node,(listname)

to get what you are describing. The syntax is actually more powerful (it's a
mon-address, see LISTKEYW MEMO - actually the description in that memo is
outdated and more options are available, see LSVMONAD EXEC :-) ).

  Eric