Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 22:11:04 -0600
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:25:51 -0700, Senthil Rajasekharan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Thanks for your detailed response. If I want to do
>list moderation for some of the lists then can this be
>done using just a DISTRIBUTE job ?

No.  You did not ask about moderation before.  You asked about sending
(pre-approved) newsletters (that do not require moderation).   Moderation
will require a regular LISTSERV List.

>Iam assuming you will need to create lists for this.

Yes, if in fact you really need moderation.  but then such lists presumabaly
would not change nightly.

>>Using
>> LISTSERV lists in this
>> way (daily update, where you never intend to keep
>> and manage the lists in
>> LISTSERV) is simply a lot of extra work to go to.
>
>Do you mean additional scripting/programming

Yes.  That is all additional work, not necessary if you pull the addresses
from the database in real time at the time of the mailing.

>I was planning on running a nightly job for this...

Yes, but as noted, by careful planning, this is not necessary.