Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:23:48 -0400
Hello all;

Please note that I submitted a CM a few minutes ago to upgrade Bootz
and put a NetWorker Storage Node into our backup environment. This
work will mostly be done by Ryan Miller who is from Cambridge
Computer Services in Massachusetts.

This is a two-part project, and each part is quite complex because
each one required making significant configuration to the SAN that
the Sony PetaSite tape library sits on and also implementing
NetWorker's advanced file system backups and dynamic tape drive sharing.

Due to the scope of this work, we have allocated the entire week of
Oct. 29th for this project. Ryan and I will be doing most of this
work in the Bell Building that week. The work will require several
reboots of Bootz and disconnecting and reconnecting the fibre channel
connections to our tape library. As a result, backups and recovers
during the first four days of the week (Oct. 29 to Nov. 1) will be
interrupted if they continue into the day. We intend to give high
priority to allowing nightly backups to run uninterrupted, but no
promises can be made in that requard.

Note that due to the heavy work load schedule on the part of Ryan,
this schedule is not subject to change. We also need to move forward
with this project as soon as possible due to the age and lack of
capability of our current NetWorker hardware.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project.

--
Stan Horwitz
Temple University

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail,
including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is
the property of, Temple University. The information is intended for
use solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you
are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any
review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete this e-mail from your system.