Chris Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 08:13:59 +0000
On 26 Sep 96 at 23:20, Lisa Moore wrote:

> I currently run a list called Social-Phobia that has 168 subscribers.  It's a
> support group for people suffering from an anxiety disorder.  I had it set up
> at home.ease.Lsoft.com but Lsoft International, Inc has recently raised it's
> rates and I can't afford to keep the list there anymore. The list gets
> approximately anywhere from 10 to 50 messages a day. Rarely, more than 50.
>
> What I'm looking for is a very cheap place to move the list to and I'll need
> to be able to have a digest version and archives and all that good stuff.
>  I'm hoping that there's a university or some kind of medical organization
> that would like to host the list for free but that might be a bit
> unrealistic. So if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
>
> Oh, and I have a web page, too, if you want more information about the list,
> it's
> http://www.ksu.edu/~lrmoore/social-phobia.html
>
> Thanks,
> Lisa Moore (Listowner of Social-Phobia)

Lisa,

I might be willing to host the list for free though it wouldn't be
all that flash a system as I use the Windows NT freeware list
software rather than L-SOFT.  That means the instructions are
different, there's no digest version and I can only make an archive
by using Perl and WWW (but I can do that).

It would fit with the general content of my site and I'd be happy to
mirror your site material here (making it clear it was just a mirror)
so that you have a backup, so that people don't get held up when the
trans-Atlantic links are sticky etc.

Alternatively, if you want the better facilities that the LSOFT
software offers then you and I could look into sharing the cost of
taking that route but you'd still be getting my hardware etc. for
free!

Let me know,

Chris

Chris Evans, Senior Lecturer in Psychotherapy.
Dept. Gen. Psychiatry, St. George's Hospital Medical School,
(London University), Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, Britain
Tel/fax.: (+44|0) 181 725 2540    Email: [log in to unmask]
http://psyctc.sghms.ac.uk/ or http://www.sghms.ac.uk/mhs/psychotherapy/