Anne Toal <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:55:39 -0500
We recently put up a Barracuda spam firewall and I would like to know if
anyone out there has compiled best practices for running a Listserv in
that
way.

Yes, I know the Listserv has anti-spam protection. However on lists that
are
set up to send all posts to a moderator, it appears to ignore whether
the
message is spam and it sends the message approval requests anyway. I
would
like to use the Barracuda to stop those as well.

The Barracuda can suppress daily spam summary messages, so we wouldn't
have
to worry about a daily summary message going to the members of all the
lists. It can also send the daily spam summary messages to a specific
address. Does anyone have experience with either configuration? How well
did
it work?

Does anyone have any methods that don't involve using an external
antispam
firewall to stop these unwanted approval requests full of spam?

-aht