Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:39:50 -0400
Not knowingly.  So that's where the info is stored, I assume.
Looking through my backups, I see that permvars.file went from 4mb on
10/15 to 400kb on 10/16, so that probably explains what happened.
Should I restore one of the older larger files?  I suspect not.

I seem to recall some administrative mail coming from my server in
the last day or two dealing with routing tables, I believe.  Hadn't
seen this in very long time.  Did anything come from the backbone
that might have affected this?

At 1:56 PM -0500 10/17/03, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>Did you delete permvars.file ?
>
>Nathan
>
>At 09:50 AM 10/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>>Several list owners noticed this last night.  However these were
>>*not* the first digests.  What controls this?  I see there is a
>>"digests.file" in listserv's home directory.  But this is a small
>>file - perhaps only for those lists that have explicit digests in
>>their headers.  The reported lists all have a digests= line.
Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him.
        - Tom Clancy

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)