Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:29:52 -0500
David Rubin wrote:

> I verified the problem is exactly what was suggested, evidenced by detailed
> logging:
>
> 16:12:25 mail.MYISP.COM(  3) <<< MAIL FROM:<> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=1156
> 16:12:26 mail.MYISP.COM(  3) >>> 501 bogus mail from
>
> Assuming I have no hope of convincing MYISP.COM of fixing this problem, is there
> any way to modify LISTSERV's behavior so that it does not use an empty MAIL FROM
> string? I'm not sure why it is doing it in the first place, and why L-Soft
> defends its use. Why doesn't it just put listserv's address in there?

Because mail from:<> is the RFC-specified right way to send a
bounce...if MYISP.COM is blocking all null envelope senders, then
they're totally blocking bounces. I guess I'd just laugh about it and
move on.

Regards,
Al Iverson
--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
My pockets hurt. http://www.spamresource.com/