Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:45:09 -0700
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:03:37 -0600, Anne Harwell Toal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Wanting to migrate all my lists on a 1.8d server to a 1.8e server on a
>different machine. How can I preserve the users' passwords?

The recommended procedures are to either upgrade the old server to 1.8e,
then migrate everything or migrate everything as-is now and then upgrade to
1.8e on the new server.  In either case, when you move all the related
files (SIGNUP.FILEn) you will move all the passwords.

There is a paper on this available from  [log in to unmask]