Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:52:54 PST
> >We have had a request from a list owner who would like to allow certain
> >non-members to post to a list coded with send=private.

Why not just ADD them to the list, and set them to nomail so they can
post but are not "bothered" by being subscribed and sent postings?

> >I was just in the process of recommending that he subscribes the relevant
> >addresses with NOMAIL and CONCEAL set so that nobody knows they are
> >subscribed.

You did say that the list owner wants those people to _post_ to the
list.  As soon as they post a message to the list their presence on the
list will be revealed to all subscribers. And, so will the list owner's
attempted deception (of trying to add folks that don't "belong" on the
list).....  That's not a good way to build/maintain list subscriber
confidence.

Peter Rauch