Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 22:13:06 SET
I'm speaking about:

GLOBAL DD=ddname options

Where   'options'    could   be   'BACKBONE',    'ALL',   'RELEASE(xxx)',
'COUNTRY(xxx)'  or 'PRETTY(postmastress)'  :-) The  ddname would  then be
forwarded to  all the corresponding  servers for execution. I'm  also not
sure whether or not I should allow  a single command to be forwarded this
way.  It would  make it  TOO EASY  to use  and end-users  would start  up
'GLOBAL  REGISTER  That''s  me!!!',  'GLOBAL  SIGNUP  IBMPC-L'  (lots  of
requests for  subscription to the postmaster  if this is a  peered list),
'GLOBAL LIST DETAILED' (quite a lot  of output), 'GLOBAL GET xx yy' (well
I  just wanna  get the  xx  yy file  from  whatever this  nodeid I  can't
remember, I sure  didn't want 100 copies from all  around the world, this
****  server is  all  ****  up!!!!!!), etc.  Note  that  this is  already
feasible, but then you have to  create the DIST job yourself, which means
you need a list of all the LISTSERVs.

  Eric