"Dwight M. McCann" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Sep 1993 14:03:26 PDT
My management is asking me to recommend whether to pay for L-Soft software
and if so, which of the two LSVCOST support options I feel is appropriate.
The wording of the LSVCOST questionnaire suggests that "new releases only"
could leave one with an inoperable version of L-Soft software and no
recourse for correction until the next "new release".  Since my experience
running Eric's code for many years leads me to believe this is an unlikely
scenario (both because his code is excellent and because "leaving people
in the lurch" is not Eric's style), I would like clarification on this
topic.  If I buy "new releases only" and I install a release, only later
to discover it is defective, to what recourse will I be entitled?

I apologize if this topic has been previously discussed as I have not been
following it, or if there is another list that is more appropriate, in
which case, please direct me to it.

Dwight M. McCann
Information Systems & Computing
University of California at Santa Barbara  93106
(805) 893-3113