Landy Manderson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:55:29 CST
Yes, and I can attest to this, given that one of our listowners has routinely
complained for years to his Chair, Dean, Provost, the campus President, etc.,
because our "poor security procedures" "allow non-subscriber access" to his
lists .... based on the fact these addresses constantly show up on the error
reports.  We're talking written five-page memos demanding to know why I am so
incompetent that I cannot secure our servers against outside interference.
It has gotten only more hysterical (and not in a humourous way) as all the
latest viruses have become entrenched.  This "feature" and the unstoppable
spam notices have to be my absolute least favorite LISTSERV characteristics.