Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 11:58:52 CDT
   The new List Owner's Manual for 1.8b is a great addition!  I got one of
the formatted versions (owner.ps) and printed it then had it duplexed to
give to good list owners as a reward (or bad list owners as a suggestion!).

   There are a couple suggestions though and I wasn't sure where to send them
so I thought I'd send them here for other comments or solutions.

1.  Where should we send suggestions?  It would be really nice to have feedback
    info and encouragement on the copyright page or maybe the preface (ie.
    land address, e-mail address, feed-back form, whatever).

2.  The New-List keyword was supposedly added sometime in 1.8b (I think) but
    I couldn't find it in the book.  Maybe it is intended for listserv
    maintainers but for completeness it would be nice to have all the
    keywords.  Then again, maybe I missed it.  I would like to find the
    format of the entry but when I searched the archives I didn't see it
    (I may have searched the wrong list or for the wrong keywords...).

3.  Some of our lists use an obscure "semi-moderated" option on the Send
    field that I didn't see in the description.

4.  I'm sure it's a lot of work but an index would be nice too.  ;-)
    (customers are just never satisfied, are they?)

   Thanks for the good work on the manual!  I will certainly encourage my
list owners to get a copy!  Keep up the good work.

        Marty

Marty Hoag   [log in to unmask]            US Mail: NDSU ITS
ND Higher Education Computer Network                IACC Room 206
Phone: (701)-231-8639  Fax: (701)-231-8541          PO Box 5164
Bitnet: nu021172@NDSUVM1  (note 0=zero)             Fargo, ND  58105