"Harris, Jason (DIS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:53:32 -0800
Hi Scott,

The "configuration-owner=" option is for list configuration only, not
sitewide.  There is a file named go.user  in /home/listserv, or wherever
Listserv is installed.  The option you want is called "postmaster=".
Beware - it gives whoever is in that line complete administration rights to
the site, the application and all lists contained on it.

Jason Harris

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV give-and-take forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Scott Ciliberti
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Adding Administrators

I just installed LISTSERV and I'm trying to wrap my arms around how to use
it.  I'd like to give someone else other than myself administrative rights
to modify the colors and layout of my LISTSERV homepage.  I was told that in
order to do this, I need to make the person a Postmaster by sending the
command "Configuration-Owner= Postmaster, address 1, address 2" to my
server, but I get a message back saying that Configuration-Owner is not a
valid command.  Any ideas?

Scott Ciliberti

Director of IT Services

CIIS