Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:14:59 -0500
On 10/24/2005 08:03, Rich Greenberg wrote:

> As for the spam, I think the days of send=public are over.  You should
> either make it send=public, confirm so that genuine posters will have to
> confirm posts or make them subscribe with open, confirm and make
> send=private.

There are still a few situations in which 'Send= Public' might be appropriate.
Our abuse address leads to a list which is configured in this manner. After
some discussion of the risks, we decided that we need to be able to accept
abuse reports from anyone, anywhere, and we do not want to force submitters to
jump through hoops to report problems that originate from our site.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator