Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:56:17 -0400
On: Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 07:25:56AM -0600,Ben Parker Wrote:

} On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:33:37 -0400, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
}
} >does content filtering take place before or after the BB is appended
}
} Unfortunately, after.  Thus, CONTENT_FILTER is useless for filtering any
} BOTTOM_BANNER text.  It will always be positive and will stop all list
} messages.

It can be done, but is a bit tricky.  This has been discussed on some
list but I don't recall which one.  ISTR it works by having some unique
character sequence at the start of the BB.  For example, suppose the
first line of the BB starts "*=+=*=+=".  Then you filter on:

>*=+=*=+=

and

> *=+=*=+=

You need both because some mailers put a blank in and others don't.  Its
not perfect because some people (such as myself) don't use the default
seperator but it will catch most of them.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67