Patrick Douglas Crispen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 08:16:03 CST
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE ROADMAP WORKSHOP!!!
to new subscribers.

That's the reason you may have a received a letter telling
you that "you are not allowed to join the Roadmap list."

Wait ... it gets worse. At this point in time, I really don't
have plans to repeat the Roadmap workshop anytime in the near
future.

That's the bad news. The good news is that even though you can
no longer subscribe to Roadmap, I have set up a way that you can
get all of the Roadmap workshop lessons sent to you! I have placed
every single one of the Roadmap workshop's 27 lessons on a computer
at the University of Alabama, and you can retrieve the lessons
using a few, simple e-mail commands (am I a great guy or what?).

To find out how to retrieve the Roadmap workshop lessons, and
to find out a little more about the Roadmap workshop itself, all
you have to do is send an e-mail letter to

(that's "you-ay-won-vee-em") with the command

                    GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL

in the *BODY* of your e-mail letter.

NOTE: Simply replying to the letter that you are reading right now
with a GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL command will *NOT* work. You must
send a *NEW* letter to

with the command

                    GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL

in the body of your letter for your command to work.

After you send your letter off, a computer at the University of
Alabama will process your letter, and will -- usually within
24 hours -- e-mail you two letters: one telling you a little
more about the Roadmap workshop, and another telling you how
you can retrieve the workshop lessons with a few, simple e-mail
commands.

Cool, huh?

You can also find the Roadmap workshop archives on the University
of Alabama's CMS Gopher server (UA1VM.UA.EDU) in the "Network Resources,
Services and Information" menu, or on my World Wide Web homepage
at http://ua1vm.ua.edu/~crispen/crispen.html

I do have one small request, though: please do NOT write to
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
or [log in to unmask] asking them to add you to Roadmap.
The workshop's subscription lists really ARE closed <<smile>>.
The only way to get the lessons is with the GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL
command.

Thank you again for your interest in the Roadmap workshop, and I hope
that you will enjoy the lessons.

   /O O  ./      .'               PATRICK DOUGLAS CRISPEN
  {O__,   \    {                   [log in to unmask]
    / .  . )    \                THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
  '---.~_ _ _&                       Warning: squirrels.