"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:59:15 -0000
Hello again,
We have recently ported a lot of lists into a new listserv setup and a lot
of the subscribers/owners were registered under older style addresses.
e.g. We have several people registered as being @newcastle who are now
@ncl.ac.uk and similar problems with reading.ac.uk rdg.ac.uk and edinburgh
plus others.
obviously when listserv attempts to verify commands or mails to lists it
checks the sender of the command against it's list of known allowed
addresses and finds these domains have changed and thus rejects the
command/post.

What I want to know is, is there any way to automate the equivalencies ?, I
mean can we tell listserv that reading.ac.uk and rdg.ac.uk are the same
thing ???

Cheers
Duncan