Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 May 1994 13:20:04 EDT
On Thu, 12 May 1994 10:41:42 EDT Noel P. Hart said:
>On Wed, 4 May 1994 09:35:44 EDT you said:
>>A user wants to change the name of a list and for a short time
>>use the old name a an alias.
>>Can I do this in LISTSERV or do I just do FORWARDing
>>in LMAIL for the old list name to the new ? Will LISTSERV handle
>>the forwarded mail ok ?

 I just tested it on JHUVM's LISTSERV (version 1.7f) and using LMAIL
 to forward mail from the oldname to the newname works fine.  Even
 when the list is set to "Send=Private".  So the answer is yes, you
 can just forward the mail.  But I'd advise anyone not using LMAIL to
 test it first before making such a switch.

 -jj

 PS - JHUVM's LMAIL is version 1.1d for completeness sake.