Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:06:35 -0400
On 7/20/2006 15:30, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> John, thanks. Maybe I wasn't clear. I have 170 LISTS to do and I don't
> want to create the headers OR do the bulk add once for each list.
> Actually, the bulk add is easy (I think). I can make a massive job to do
> all the lists at once. But I can't do a massive multi-list create.

As far as I can determine, the only way to force LISTSERV to recognize that
you have manually added .list files to the listserv/home directory is to
stop and restart the LISTSERV service.

We use automated processes to create several thousand new lists each semester.
The jobs to create the lists are submitted by email, one list per job, one job
per email message. It is ugly and time-consuming, but it works.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team