Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:40:44 -0600
I've had renewals set on my lists for some time, about 2 or 3 years.  I've
always told subscribers who ask that it is six months (or is it 180
days...one picky lady wants to know) from last interaction with the
listserv until they get a renewal.  I've said that that means if they've
sent a command to change options, subbed, OR if they've posted to the list
that the counter is reset to count down from (or up to) 180 (I know it
might be a date function....but whatever) .   This has never been
questioned before until this weekend when several said "NO WAY", claiming
they'd just subbed recently, had posted last month, etc.

I've NOT tried to track down details, partly because on this list
(POSTCARD) most of the members are newbies who go thru ISPs and addresses
like a kid thru candy, and come and go from the list at the slightest
provocation or irritation.  Also, many of them are on with jerkwater ISPs
who change addresses regularly on them (reshuffle machine names,
hierarchies, etc, etc.....you know the routine)

So, Eric, or whoever, what is the REAL and OFFICIAL scoop?

thanks....i'm always willing to learn

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534