Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:26:55 -0500
>Does anyone know if there is any function in LISTSERV to get rid of
>vaccation messages?

Man, I'd love to get rid of vacation programs.  Unfortunately my
ability to disable software on remote servers is limited.

I believe that LISTSERV does recognize some common types of
autoresponders.  Also autoresponders that are properly written and
configured should either not respond to mailing list mail at all
(which would be preferred) or would reply to the owner-listname
address (less desirable, but still OK).  Unfortunately there's a
bewildering array of crummy autorepliers out there so sometimes you
run into one that evades LISTSERV's filters.

Anyway, if you let us know what problem you're specifically having
with vacation programs we may be able to give advice.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc