Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:47:13 -0400
>===== Original Message From LISTSERV give-and-take forum
>FYI, the fact that SHORTHDR strips MIME headers is the reason why
>the default was changed to FULLHDR in 1995 (1.8b).  It's also been
>discussed on these lists in the past, if I am not seriously mistaken.

Nathan, this issue has definitely been discussed previously,
but I forget how long ago. This topic raises a question. What is
the point of having the SHORTHDR option at this point? It seems to
me that since most people, even without GUI access, can use MUA software
that handles the contents of messages with FULLHDR fine.

Why not decommission the SHORTHDR option in a way that it is simply
ignored by those who already have it set? Is there still some reason
I do not recognize to keep the SHORTHDR option as it is?