Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 10 Jul 1987 17:55 SET
  DISTRIBUTE (&  DIST2) does  not impose  any file size  limit by  itself. The
'job' file is subjected to FILEMAXL by the supervisor, but that's all.

  You shouldn't use DIST2 for production work. It CANNOT work properly because
it assumes that  all servers with :backbone.YES have installed  1.5j, which is
NOT the  case (even though the  2 week period is  now well over) as  there are
still 5 backbone sites at 1.5i. I'm waiting for them to have installed 1.5j to
start testing DIST2.

  Jeff: this  does NOT mean that  it should have crashed  your LISTSERV though
:-) But as I  said I'm under the impression that some file  must be missing or
something like that.

  Eric