Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Oct 1991 21:04:57 +0100
I had forgotten, and have a fix for that, but for the reasons I mentioned
before you can't get  it by itself without the other  stuff. Yes, I know,
it's time to make  a new release. It's 9pm and paging  is down to 15/sec,
probably because Finland  has been down all day. Maybe  in a couple hours
the 9370  will be  usable for program  development, until  midnight. Then
NETSERV will  do whatever it  does every night  that takes 1h  and brings
paging up the roof,  and I'll go to play on the  VAX again. I'll probably
remember  I can  go back  to the  9370 when  the VAX  fires up  its daily
incremental backup  at 2, because it  slows down everything. By  2:30 the
two backup savesets will be shipped to the 9370 via RSCS, so I don't have
to put tapes in 2 machines, and  a DVM will execute the dreadful READCARD
command to a minidisk  on one edge of the system  disk. The sudden change
in I/O  speed will remind  me that  the VAX is  now fast again,  and I'll
probably go  back to it, unless  I'm doing something important.  In other
words, there isn't much I can do during weekdays.

  Eric