Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:10:56 -0800
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:25:23 -0500, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I would like to modify the LSTCR1 section of WA.  This screen is used by site administrators to create new lists.  The change I need involves archives.  I don't want specify the full path every time.  In fact, I always want monthly archives created and the generated notebook line should look something like
>
>Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/lists/&+listname;,Monthly,Private
>
>where &+listname; is replaced by the name of the list that I am creating.
>
>So ideally I would simply like to remove the Path: field from this panel and have the above action taken.

You are in the wrong template.  What you want to modify (or actually build as
custom for your site) is the LIST_LIBRARY template that holds all the sample
kinds of lists.  What you do is build 1-2 templates that will statisfy the needs
of 99% of the list creation needs for your site (including the above path
modification).  You must still enter something home/ or e: in the path line of
the LSTCR1 template (as the CGI will insist on this) but the vaul you enter is
thrown away and replaced by the value in the template you have designed for your
site.