Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:54:57 -0500
It is not too tricky, depending on how familiar you are with things.
Simply GET (with (header option) an existing list header file to use as
your model and prepare a script to make new files like that one, with
the proper changes such as in the notebook keyword path specification.
Each file is named listname.LIST and these are plain ordinary text files
when you generate them (where "listname" is the name of one list), and
there is a separate file for each list.  You cannot use an existing
.LIST file from the system, directly, because those are in a special
format - you have to model after the plain text format resulting from a
GET, or copied out of the web interface display.

Then place the files in the "main" directory for your LISTSERV
installation, stop and start LISTSERV.  It will log a notice that it
found files not in expected format and convert them - any errors found
will be in the LISTSERV log.  You will also have to create the notebook
directories yourself.

Alternatively, you can put each new list header in the body of a
separate email message with the proper PUT command, and send them to
your LISTSERV command address (this can be scripted too).  This way, the
system will create the notebook directories for you, and any errors
found will be sent to you in email.

If you already have the 976 list names in a file, read a line from that,
generate a .LIST file with appropriate substitutions (or an email
message containing the list header), read the next line, etc.