Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:56:24 -0400
>Jacob,
>
>>That's unfortunate since that's basically what Prime= is intended
>>for.  What are your objections to it?
>
>I should have been clearer in my explanation. I left some important
>pieces of info. out.
>
>Our lists are set up so that posts are sent to non-Listserv
>accounts (ie, [log in to unmask]). Reply-To= fields are coded to
>reflect this address as
>well for those who insist on replying to the list directly.
>
>This means that our lists are essentially announce-only in how they
>are handled. How can the Prime keyword handle this correctly?
>
>I would love to be able to queue our newsletters up so that they
>can go out at specified times.
>I'll go read more about the Prime= keyword.

I'll use a simple example and hopefully it will make things clearer.

Let's say you've got a mailing list called EXAMPLE-L hosted on
listserv.example.com with the following settings.

* Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Prime= "MON-FRI: 06:00-23:59; SAT-SUN: -"

Whenever [log in to unmask] sends a message to
[log in to unmask] he gets a message back requesting that
he confirm he wants to post the message.  If he then approves it:

A) If it's between midnight and 6 am on a weekday, or any time on
Saturday or Sunday, the message is distributed immediately.

B) If it's outside those times, the message will be distributed the
following midnight.

The key thing is that the messages can be sent (and approved) at any
time; Prime= only controls when the messages are distributed.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc