"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Fri, 28 Jul 89 12:13:07 EDT
On Fri, 28 Jul 89 10:14:04 CDT Gary Samek said:
>Last question:
>  I have heard of a package that allows a user to register on a listserv.
>This registering would allow other users to make inquiries to the listser
>about a registered user.  I was under the impression that this package was
>called userdir.  I made a few requests to a list called usrdir-l and was
>informed that I was mistaken.

I guess you are talking about WHOIS. This was a simple package to do
something that I did not think people would care much about -- apparently,
I was wrong. WHOIS is available from the LISTSERV@PUCC by sending
the command GET WHOIS PACKAGE. Don't bother subscribing to the package
because should it ever break, I have no intention of fixing it...
but, it still works for now.

Enjoy!

/mrg