Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:21:23 -0400

>My situation is slightly different, in that I am upgrading the existing
>ListServ with the new version and Rebranding.

The process is still pretty much the same when you actually perform the
move.  However, prior to moving, you should apply any new 14.4 LAKs that
you've received to the *old* server first.  Next, upgrade the *old* server
to 14.4.  Lastly, move the files.

Alternatively, install 1.8e on the *new* server, move the files, then apply
new LAKs and upgrade.

The goal here is to move a like version to a like version, ie. 1.8e -> 1.8e
or 14.4 -> 14.4.  Moving 1.8e -> 14.4 is doomed to failure.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.