Ray Ambler <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 18:37:01 -0700
I write seeking a list sponsor. Proposed new mailist GOVPURCH-L.=20

With a target subscriber of persons with purchasing authority in State,=
 Local
and Educational government institutions.  The list should be limited to
people in the purchasing profession or with that responsibility.

People with similar responsibilities in various agencies do duplicate work
reinventing the wheel that others have perfected.   I hope this will foster=
forum for the exchange of ideas on some of the following areas.

1.   The place of Internet, email, www  etc in purchasing.

2.   Legal aspects of FAX in a contractual setting under the UCC, and many
other legal questions in purchasing.

3.   How have agencies fared in budget personnel adjustments, and what
approaches are they taking.

4.   Who has used the Internet for bid or personnel announcements? what
response, How does it meet legal requirements?

5.   Surveys of product markets/prices and agency's successes and available
contracts.

6.   International purchasing issues, customs, contract interpretation in=
 two
countries.

7.   The Market for continuous form and cut sheet paper is bananas who is
getting the best deal in view of the 200%+ increase in the last year

6.   We are interested in a new contract for cellular telephone air time=
 for=7F
our institution.  What new terms should we be asking for in this fast=
 changing
technological area.  Is there a conflict in asking is this provider will
extend the prices and terms to our employees?

Many purchasing professionals are not early technology adopters and unlikely
to be presently involved in Internet.   This possible exchange of
information with small cost for each agency could return big dividends.  I
have been able to find no other such list. =20

Thank you for your consideration.
--
Ray Ambler,               455 Manhattan Street          Grover Beach, CA=
 93433