Glenn Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:58:51 -0500
The problem is not LISTSERV's strict compliance with the RFCs.

The real problem is that the **human interface** allows for
too many variations.

Why not change the **web form** to have a separate field for
name and a separate field for email address?  Problem solved.

In the case of emailed commands, send an email back to the
submitter asking him or her to clarify what was meant, and
give hints about proper syntax.

Extend the TCPGUI interface to accept clearer and deterministic
delineation of user and name, e.g.
  ***name*** Henry Brown ***email*** [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Glenn