"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:20:42 -0000
Doug,
I like to use the command;
show points all
This creates a list of all your lists and how many members are on them, thus
you can sum all the figures it gives you in excel or similar.
The lists sum only works on networked servers I believe.
Regards
Duncan

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Wheeler [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 February 2001 14:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: List SUM Total response

When I issue the command Lists SUM Total , I receive the following response
from my Listserver (1.8d, NT, sits behind my firewall for  <internal
corporate use only>)

I did send the command to [log in to unmask] (which is my listserver)

---------------------------

This server  only stores information about  its own lists. You  may want to
resend your command to [log in to unmask], which in principle should have
the information  you are looking  for. If that  server gives you  a similar
message, try [log in to unmask] instead.

---------------------------

What I am trying to do is get a numerical summary of how many people are
subscribed to all my lists. (most of which are not archived)

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Wheeler