Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Jul 1991 21:10:26 +0200
On Thu, 25 Jul 1991 11:45:00 PDT Pete Nielsen <CSMSPCN@UCLAMVS> said:
>A copy of one of the bounces follows.  What is confusing to me, is
>that they are subscribed as [log in to unmask]  Everything
>I know about our mail system, including the fact that they used
>it to subscribe to the list, leads me to believe that that's the
>From: address in their mail, the bounce message is in fact sent
>to [log in to unmask], but the complaint is that CSADLNO@UCLAMVS
>is not subscribed to the list.  Of course that's correct.

>Date:         Thu, 25 Jul 1991 14:15:57 -0400
>From:         Revised List Processor (1.7a) <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Your request to sign off the SUPERSFT list
>To:           [log in to unmask]
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>No entry for your CSADLNO@UCLAMVS address could be found in the
>SUPERSFT list at PSUVM. (...)

The only thing I can say is that LISTSERV uses the same address for these
two fields (look at label SIGNOFF2  in LSVDEL EXEC). If some mail gateway
were to rewrite the address in  the header, it would explain the problem.
It would be a good idea to  define a ':internet.' tag for UCLAMVS to make
life easier for the users, but presently the only solution is to re-issue
the command after  making sure the 'To:' field  contains the domain-style
address.

  Eric