Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:34:49 -0800
Richard -

        I'm not sure it gives you all of the info you ask for, but I think
most of what you are looking for can be gleaned from MRTG (Multi Router
Traffic Grapher [http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html])
using the contributed mailstats config.  You can see a sample of that at my
site (http://www.net.orst.edu/mail/mrtg/smtp-mail.html.)

Jon.
-----------------------
Jonathan Dolan
Network Services
Oregon State University
541.737.5402

-----Original Message-----
From: Keller, Richard (CIT) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 12:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Some help on sendmail statistics

We are currently looking for a program that will take our sendmail log
information and produce the following information:

The volume of incoming/outgoing mail to our server
Time frame breakdown (for example, how much mail went out/came in in a 30
second
time frame)
How long mail takes to be sent out and received by another server
Compilation of long term statistics in order to look at averages and
comparisions between time periods
Daily and hourly peak usages

Searching through the Internet, we have yet to find any program that will
suit
the needs mentioned above.  Even the commercial version of Sendmail doesn't
offer what we need.

If anyone knows of a program that will give us these statistics, please let
us
know.

Richard Keller
Listserv Administration