Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 21:40:28 -0400
  We are running listserv 1.8c on solaris and I have just installed wa
because we have a number of faculty who would like web archives available
for classes.  The catch is, they don't want everyone else to see the
material, just the students.  I know the web interface for private lists
will not be available until 1.8d is released, but I wonder if anyone has
found a work-around to get wa to check for the existance of a .htaccess
file or to otherwise passwd protect a specific list directory?

Failing the above, will the wa that will be packaged with 1.8d
check for a .htaccess file under a list directory?

Many thanks for any ideas.

--Trish
Trish Forrest
ITS - Queen's University