"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 15:52:02 EST
Though I haven't done a complete analysis, your bitnet
node STANFORD has the following Internet equivalences
assigned:

 * STANFORD is also known as FORSYTHE.STANFORD.EDU and FORSYTHE.BITNET.

Thus LISTSERV mail to the Internet FQDN of forsythe.stanford.edu will be
sent to STANFORD via Bitnet protocols, just like you NAD had requested
via the UPDATE@BITNIC procedure.

When I ask our local mailer where it should send mail for that host (and
domain), it sends it directly to that host (or FQDN).  That host is NOT
MXed to any other host.

If YOU do not already know, you might inquire as to any security/
firewall functions that that host might be providing before any changes
are further contemplated.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "Helping U fulfill your e-mail needs"  +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA