Louis J Wiesemann <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:31:37 -0400
On my 1.8d 2000b system I am having a problem with the authorization for
one of my admin ids.  I used an alternate admin id to experiment with
setting a logon cookie in WA.  This worked fine initially, but when the
cookie expired and I tried to do something I got a screen asking if I
wanted to reset the cookie.  I did this.  Since then I have been unable to
sign on to the admin screens with that admin id.  I get messages that it
is not authorized.  I am able to sign onto list maintainer screens and
work with lists owned by that id, but don't have access to other lists,
like an admin does.  I can still do admin functions via email with this
id that WA thinks is unauthorized, but can't get into the admin screens.

I have done additional cookie resets with the "?RESET-COOKIE" technique
I found in the archives for this list but that did not help.  I even tried
removing the cookie file from my browser and restarting it to see if it
was somehow hung up on a cookie, but that did not help either.  Is there
some way to tell LISTSERV that this really is supposed to still be an
admin id?  It is still defined that way in my configuration and LISTSERV
has been restarted since this problem came up.

Thanks for any help.

Louis J. Wiesemann      [log in to unmask]     502-852-8952