Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:18:10 -0400
> We have had an issue where the listserv accepts the commands via email
> but does not send the email out.  Our tech is looking at the problem but
> I would like to monitor for events like this.

A couple of years ago, I wrote a short paper on this subject that may be
useful to you:

http://www.lsoft.com/news/techtipLSV-issue2-2009-us.asp

If you want to check your mail relays, too, it's not so hard to write a
script that sends mail to LISTSERV and checks a mailbox for a response.
Our own network ops staff do this with a couple of Perl scripts.  I'm not
sure how hard it would be to do that sort of thing with a Nagios plugin.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Interested in other L-Soft products?  See what else we have
to offer here <http://www.lsoft.com/products/products.asp>
archives at <http://www.lsoft.com/news/newsletter-us.asp>