Dave Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 May 1999 14:46:44 +0100
> We would only subscribe the team members to the list.  We'd like the mail
> coming to [log in to unmask] to go to the list.  We also would like replies
> we send to go the original non-subscriber sender AND to the other team
> members.  We also want a FROM: of [log in to unmask]

We have a very similar list here, it works quite well. These are the
parameters we find useful:

Subscription= By Owner
Reply-To= Sender
Send= Public
Review= Private
Loopcheck= Spam-delay(0)
Confidential= Yes

-- and changing List-Address= to the FROM: address we would like. Look this
up in Appendix B of the list owner's manual; there are implications for the
error handling and other system addresses.

A couple of other warnings:

* We use group-reply to make the reply go to the sender and the group.
  Sometimes, especially when conversing among ourselves, we have to remove
  duplicate addresses from the cc: field. For all the other benefits, this
  is something we can live with.

* Spam-delay(0) will turn off the ten minute delay for non-subscribers posting
  to the list. It is possible, but in our experience very very rare, for
  a sender to get an automated LISTSERV message because of loop detection or
  something else. I consider this a feature :-)

IHTH,
Dave

--
----------------------------------- [log in to unmask]  Dave Wilson, HEA-NOC
HEAnet Limited, Marine House, Clanwilliam Court, Dublin 2  Tel: +353-1-662-3412