Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:39:04 -0800
On 01/16/2003 12:55:05 PM [log in to unmask] wrote:

>1. No VM userid (unless you really want to have one).

No, I *really* don't.

>2. TELL MAILER SET LIST FOR LSTESTLS
>3. TELL MAILER SET FORWARD [log in to unmask] FOR TEST
>4. No SMTP NAMES entry or anything like that.

I removed the entry when I first started working with LMail. SMTP NAMES
will go away entirely as soon as I get LMail going. The forwarding works
beautifully in LMail and is *much* easier to maintain. It will take a huge
burden off my shoulders since I can delegate the setting of user options
to other IT staff members.

Bingo! The above SET statements produced the desired results - the message
gets to the list. It's still delayed, though.

>> tell mailer for lstaff-l set list
>> Ready; T=0.01/0.01 10:26:48
>This is not the correct syntax.

Well, that explains it.

>'FOR user command' will execute 'command' as if
>it had come from 'user' and with the privileges of 'user'.
>'SET ... FOR user' on the other hand changes options for the user in
question.

Gotcha. Too much DIRMAINT.

>> Ok, I blew away the original test list and recreated with list-id the
same
>> as the list name. Now LISTTEST recognizes the list but delays the mail
for
>> 10 minutes because MAILER (?) isn't a subscriber.
>This suggests that the MAILER variable in LISTTEST's LOCAL SYSVARS is not
set
>correctly.

I've tried 'MAILER@'node and the more explicit [log in to unmask] I'll send
the file to you directly for review. Maybe I've got something else in
there hosing it up.

lisa