Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:23:00 -0400
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 04/12/2006 12:50:19 PM:

> There is something very strange going on with our Listserv ...
>
> Since about two weeks ago, mail delivery has gotten extremeley slow. Now
we
> are getting mail in "spurts."  Mail is sometimes held for several hours
> until a collection of it arrives all at once, with the same "sent" time
on
> all in that batch.
>
> LSoft Tech Support had us check out several things but we have been
unable
> to discover the cause.  We are on a leased server and our provider
doesn't
> know what it is, either.  Listserv logs show all leaving the server
within a
> couple of minutes so it does not look like a Listserv problem.  It seems
it
> is being held somewhere and then something triggers it to be sent.

What's in front of the listserv box?  Is there a spam filter or other mail
relay in the stream that may be a bottle neck?

Just for giggles, you could telnet right to the listserv box and forge a
message to a test list and see if there is any delay.  That would help
prove it's not listserv.

Since the changes about 2 weeks ago, what changed then?  DOn't accept
"Nothing" for an answer.