Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 16:52:17 EDT
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996 15:22:49 EST LISTSERV Administrator said:
>Is anyone else's server getting frequent error messages saying that
>they can't accept mail for [log in to unmask] because the MX
>records will cause a loop?  Is this a local problem or one with
>ROO? (Our site postmaster says it's ROO.)

It's ROO.  Or at any rate, it's a problem with a DNS server in the UIC.EDU
domain.  Until they fix it, you'll get those errors.

>Also, we're getting frequent (every few minutes) errors saying that
>LISTSERV can't process a file (with file numbers) from [log in to unmask]
>because the command stream exceeds the maximum (100k).  Ideas on that?

It sounds like you're in a loop with the majordomo server.  You might try
serving out [log in to unmask], because until LISTSERV stops responding
to majordomo, majordomo will just keep sending back helpful messages
about what commands are available with lots and lots of ">" quote characters
in them.  I'd also complain to the idiots running the majordomo server
(and you and I both know who they are:).  Anyway, this is just a case
where LISTSERV keeps saying, "I don't know what you're saying" and
majordomo replies, "Excusez moi?  Je ne comprendre pas."  :)

(Pardon my French...I haven't studied it for a few years.)

Nathan