"Richard Seifert, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Jul 1991 14:02:20 EDT
     Ok, I had the following problem; check the following console log:

Ready; T=0.01/0.01 13:43:51
tell listserv for userid sub listname
Ready; T=0.05/0.05 13:43:55
* You are not a registered NAD (Node Administrator) for node CLVM. The NADs
* for this node are xxxxxx@CLEMSON and [log in to unmask]

I was told earlier that it appeared as though LISTSERV was out of synch with
my BITEARN NODES file, and that I should restart LISTSERV.  Well, I knew that
LISTSERV had been restarted, because I scheduled an IPL the morning after I
updated the BITEARN NODES file.  Ok, I restarted LISTSERV anyways, with the
results I expected; it didn't do any good.  So, I got to looking through the
documentation (radical idea, huh? :-) and found the nifty 'NODESGEN' command.
I ran that, and it worked wonders!

     My question is: can LISTSERV be made to realize that the BITEARN NODES
file  has been updated, and run the NODESGEN utility automatically when it is
started?  Or is there a way around this situation?  Thanks for any assistance.

Rich

Richard Seifert, Jr                    BITNET---MAINT@CLVM
Systems Programmer/Postmaster/NAd      [log in to unmask]
Educational Resources Center
Clarkson University