"Christian J. Reichetzeder" <REICHETZ@AWIIMC11>
Fri, 8 Jul 88 13:39:26 SET
LSVDBASE choked on  "machine storage exhausted" in LISTS  Database search. The
error occurs in line 148 while processing the DBINDEX. Now - the LISTS DBINDEX
has already  about 500k,  but LISTSERV  is running  with 4M  and I  think that
should be sufficient.
I then  checked free storage and  found that while LISTSERV  is "waiting" only
about 1M of the 4M remains. My questions are:
* have others observed a similar problem ?
* does this mean you can't run LISTSERV in  less than 3M (and if you want some
  function 4M) ?
* who's eating all the storage ???
* does it mean that approx. (extrapolated) 7000 lists are a "natural" limit?
Christian