Thu, 9 May 1991 11:41:22 EDT
Need your collective advice.  We are changing to CMS release 7 next week.
However, LISTSERV does not yet officially run under this release.  We could
keep LISTSERV under 5.6 for a while but don't want to keep the old system
around for a very long time.  Have other sites run the server under release 7
long enough to feel fairly comfortable with it?  Seems we have several
choices here:

1. Run under 5.6 for the summer and hope that "official" support is available
   fairly soon.  We understand that Eric doesn't have access to this release
   yet at his site.

2. Run under CMS 7 and hope nothing wierd happens.  We don't have a lot of
   staff time to watch for errors and shoot them down.  If we run under 7,
   perhaps we should stop being a backbone site until more sites can check it
   out also.